Abdominoplasty, commonly referred to as a tummy tuck, is an effective and safe operation performed to improve the abdominal contour by removing excess skin and fat, and tightening the abdominal muscles. The procedure slims and tightens the midsection to reestablish a youthful waistline.
Abdominoplasty is done as an outpatient under general anesthesia in our office surgery center. Recovery is moderately quick. Most patients can return to light office work as early as two weeks. Patients are especially pleased since this operation corrects conditions they cannot correct on their own with exercising and dieting. The operation does the following:
- Removes excess abdominal skin and stretch marks that arise following pregnancies or large weight loss.
- Tightens the “six pack” muscles that are pulled apart during pregnancy or large weight gain.
- Removes all stretch marks that are between the umbilicus and pubic area, as well as moves stretch marks above the umbilicus down to a lower position.
- Removes excess skin and fat of the lateral hip area (love handles), as well as the pubic area if needed.
- Removes cesarean section or other lower abdominal surgical scars if needed.
If you would like to learn more about Abdominoplasty, you may call or email the office to schedule a consultation. Please click Abdominoplasty Photos for more patient photos. Click Abdominoplasty for a more detailed information sheet which can be downloaded and printed.
Click here to see our photo gallery for examples of results.